Damn Allie, back at it again with the nail tutorials! Yeah – today I have another nail art tutorial for you all. I’ve been digging nails vinyls lately. They make creating sophisticated looking nail art so easy. Find out how to get this half moon nail art!
This nail art is trendy, sleek and easy to create. It involves two colors and very little effort. It takes less than 20 minutes. The most difficult part is waiting for the top coat to dry so you can apply the nail vinyls.
What you’ll need:
- White nail polish (I used OPI Alpine Snow.)
- Gold nail polish (I used OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby.)
- Half moon nail vinyls
- Clean up brush and acetone
- Apply your base coat as normal.
- On all nails, paint the gold on until it is opaque. This will be in the half moon. Apply a quick dry top coat and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Once the top coat is dry, apply the half moon nail vinyls to the cuticle area of the nail. Make sure the edges of the nail vinyls are stuck down firmly. If you feel your nail vinyls are too sticky (this may make the nail polish rip off,) remove some of the tackiness on the back of your hand.
- Working one nail at a time, apply the white nail polish avoiding the cuticle.
- Remove the nail vinyl immediately after applying the white. If you wait too long, the polish will dry and the line won’t be as smooth.
- Clean up any white nail polish that got onto the skin. If your lines are not super smooth, clean up the lines using the clean up brush that is ever-so-slightly dipped in acetone. The top coat that was added earlier will make that easier without eating through the base polish.
- Apply the final top coat to all nails.
That’s it! Super easy, right? I want to try this with so many different colors and textures.
Do you think half moon manis are still trendy? Let me know down below!