January has been the month of rediscovering old favorites and trying out new products that quickly became HG status. Most people in their favorites will declare that the month went by really quickly. For me, January went by really slowly. Not in a terrible way, but in the way that I did a lot of reflecting, learned a lot about myself and enjoyed every single day. I hope February is like this too. It was relaxing.
Check out my January favorites below!
- Dior J’Adore Eau de Toilette 2.5 fl Oz: I’d been lusting after this perfume for years, so when I received a bottle for Christmas I was elated! I’m not a fan of florals, but this perfume is a perfect mix of floral and sweetness. What I like most about this perfume is how long it lasts. Two sprays is enough to last me through the entire day. This stuff is strong and can sometimes give me a headache, but for those days when I need my perfume to last all day, this is my go-to.
- Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme: I picked this up two weeks ago at CVS because my hands have been dry and are cracking. Even though I wear gloves outside and moisturize multiple times a day, my skin was still incredibly dry. This creme is more like a salve. It’s very waxy and solid in the jar. To get it out, I just run my finger around in the product to warm it up and then apply a quarter-sized amount to both hands. This instantly soothes my hands and keeps them hydrated the whole day. I didn’t realize when buying this that it contained almond milk (says so right in the title!) and I’m slightly allergic to almonds. Fortunately though, this doesn’t irritate my skin. This also works really well as a cuticle cream!
- MAC Diva Lipstick: I wore this lipstick a lot in January! This deep wine red looked perfect with my dark wardrobe. I love that it’s matte because it sticks around all day with minimal touch-ups.
- MAC Lightscapade Mineralize Skin Finish: This highlighter has been in my life since high school and I’m not even close to hitting pan. Lightscapade is the perfect highlighter for pale-skinned gals who like a highlight but don’t want a gold stripe on their cheekbones. It’s a white gold and isn’t too strong on first application but can easily be built up. I’ve been enjoying a more subtle highlight lately, so this has been getting a ton of use.
- ColourPop Fast Lane Creme Gel Colour: Gel liner and I have never gotten along. Up until this product I could never get it to look as nice as liquid liner. What I love most about this gel liner, besides the beautiful peacock teal color, is how soft and creamy it is! I get a super smooth line that is sharper than liquid liner. I want to get more colors!
What were your January favorites? Try anything new and exciting, or maybe you rediscovered an old favorite? Let me know down below!